The 10 Best Female Outfits in Movie History
Who cares about the men? They always wear suits or sweaty T-shirts.
But from the beginning of cinema, Hollywood's ladies have gotten swathed and feathered and dressed and undressed in ways that have made the fashion world rock with diversity and delight.
My 10 all-time fave looks are:
10) Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada. She was so divinely labeled out, I was scared a her!
9) Sharon Tate in Valley of the Dolls. "A little top-heavy" as a gorge showgirl. Even better is her metallic dress with matching coat but I can't seem to find a photo of that.
8) Dorothy Dandridge in Carmen Jones. A femme fatale with not an ounce of fatale. She was Bizet but not bizarre--so freakin' sexy. And that flower!
7) Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth: The Virgin Queen. How else you would you dress for your coronation? What a queen! Fierce, girl.
6) Liz Taylor in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. She proved it's not what you wear, it's what you don't wear--and how you don't wear it.