Once a year in early May, Perry Street in the West Village throws a block party cum flea market called Perry-Phernalia. Here are some of the food-related things that were for sale.
1. Antique Pressure Cooker Missing Some Hardware. Fill it with water, put it on your stove, light the burner, then run for your life!
2. Garlic "Safe." Who knew it was in any danger?
3. An English-Style Toast Rack. To make sure your toast is good and cold by the time you serve it.
4. One-Bottle Balancing Wine Storage Rack. And you need this because?
5. Profoundly Creepy Painting of a Waif Offering You a Tiny Strawberry. Is that a blue Victoria's Secret bra strap?
Next: Can you stand 5 more?