Xiao Ye Is Open
A little more than a month after giving us a sneak peek of his menu, Eddie Huang officially opened Xiao Ye yesterday.
Tasty Chomps Eddie Huang lifts the lid on Xiao Ye.
According to Huang's blog, Fresh Off the Boat, dinner service kicked off last night at 6 p.m. with no reservations and a six-course tasting menu, reprinted below:
1) Concubine Cucumbers -- haus pickled cucumbers
2) Poontang Potstickers or Tofu Bricks
3) Choice of Lotus Leaf Fried Rice (vegetarian) or Taiwan Most Famous Pork on Rice
4) Steamed Cabbage with haus lardo and scallions (veggie option available w/o lardo)
5) Homemade Taiwanese Bacon or Hainan Chicken and Rice or Tarofongo (veggie option)
6) Fried Sweet Potato Balls
Have a tip or restaurant-related news? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.