13 Early Halloween Costume Ideas for Foodies, Their Pets, and Their Offspring
New Yorkers get widlly excited about Halloween, so here's your early warning: Halloween is less than three months away, so you better get started thinking about your costume. Since you love to eat food, why not be food? Here are some food-themed costumes excavated on the Interweb.
1. Big Mac -- Don't be surprised if this costume makes your friends barf when they see you!
But why settle for a Big Mac when you can have the entire menu? (Note the scary arms on the dogs.) This thing must be Photoshopped, right?
2. Slice of Pizza -- This costume scrunches right into the stroller and makes your baby look like a slice of pizza. O, fond parent!
3. Hot Dog -- Attract foodies, but hopefully not child molesters, with this wiener costume for your kids.
4. Celery -- Crunch, crunch, crunch: Make sure you walk on gravel, to produce an authentic celery sound.
5. Oyster -- When you're picking your Halloween costume, "consider the oyster," as M.F.K. Fisher proclaims. Here we offer two, and note that the first starts with a toilet seat!
6. Cake -- If you think wearing a cake costume is a drag, you're probably right.