Floyd Cardoz, George Mendes, and Suvir Saran Will Compete on Top Chef Masters
Per a release, the network has announced its lineup for its third season, which will be hosted by Curtis Stone, possibly the smarmiest Australian ever to have been behind both a kitchen range and a television camera.
Joining Stone as judges on the show, which premieres April 6, will be Saveur's James Oseland and Ruth Reichl of Ruth Reichl fame. Also, in a triumph for fans of Mad Men and very cool women, Christina Hendricks will be appearing for a '60s-themed episode, which will probably exploit era-appropriate food like oysters Rockefeller and rumaki.
As for the chefly lineup, it is as follows:
- Hugh Acheson - Chef/ Partner: Five& Ten, The National, Gosford Wine - in Athens, GA and Empire State South, Atlanta, GA; Competing for Wholesome Wave Foundation
- Floyd Cardoz - Former Executive Chef/Partner- of Tabla and soon-to-be Executive Chef/Partner of a new Danny Meyer restaurant; Competing for Young Scientist Cancer Research Fund
- John Currence - City Grocery Restaurant Group, Oxford, MS Competing for No Kid Hungry
- Traci Des Jardins - Chef/Co-owner of Jardinière, Mijita Cocina Mexicana and Public House and Manzanita, San Francisco, CA; Competing for La Cocina
- George Mendes - Chef/Co-Owner of ALDEA, Manhattan, NY; Competing for Charity: Water
- Mary Sue Milliken - Co-Chef/ Owner: Border Grill Restaurants and Truck, Los Angeles, CA; Competing for Share Our Strength
- Naomi Pomeroy - Owner: Beast in Portland, OR; Competing for Seed Savers Exchange
- Suvir Saran - Executive Chef: Dévi, New York, NY; Competing for Agricultural Stewardship Association
- John Rivera Sedlar - Owner: Playa, Los Angeles, CA; Competing for American Diabetes Association
- Alex Stratta - Executive Chef: Stratta, Las Vegas, NV; Competing for Faster Cures, part of the Milken Prostate Cancer Foundation
- Celina Tio - Chef/Owner: JULIAN Restaurant, Kansas City, MO, Competing for Harvesters
- Sue Zemanick - Executive Chef: Gautreau's, New Orleans, LA; Competing for the Louisiana SPCA
Have a tip or restaurant-related news? Send it to email@example.com.
And follow us on Twitter: @ForkintheRoadVV.