1. The Brilliant -- Using the windowpanes as a tic-tac-toe board is a stroke of genius; but note that, as with Irene, nobody wins.
Experts tell us that taping windows before a hurricane is a futile act. It won't keep the window from breaking in a high wind, nor will it keep the pane, once broken, from shattering and flying all over the place. Accordingly, the only merit to window taping is artistic, and it seems to be an activity mainly pursued by restaurants. Here are some of the best examples we could find.
2. The Hysterical -- Sometimes the tape has been thrown up so rapidly and haphazardly, it indicates a state of near-hysteria in the artist.
3. The Halfhearted -- Even if you believed in window taping, there's no way this style of taping would do the slightest bit of good.
4. The Anal Retentive -- The brain behind this one must have reasoned, The wind will be blowing horizontally, and thus must I make my tape stripes.
5. The Anal Explosive -- The fervency of this taping is undeniable, and the taper was firm in his or her belief that such taping is efficacious. The mixture of taping styles is interesting.