The 20 Greatest Bread Quotes of All Time
Well, maybe not of all time -- how far back does the world's literature really go? And we blush to note that most of these quotes come from Western sources, at that. But read on anyway, because some of them are pretty damn funny, or at least pithy and philosophical.
1. "The sky is the daily bread of the eyes." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. "How can a nation be great if its bread tastes like Kleenex?"
3. "Any time a person goes into a delicatessen and orders a pastrami on white bread, somewhere a Jew dies." --Milton Berle
4. "If you have two loaves of bread, sell one and buy a lily." -- Chinese proverb
5. "The smell of good bread baking, like the sound of lightly flowing water, is indescribable in its evocation of innocence and delight." --M.F.K. Fisher