What could be more summery than this plate of cavatelli?
This week, Counter Culture analyzes Rosemary's, a new Italian restaurant in the Village in a former party store, and boasting a roof garden. Here are the don't-miss dishes.
Read the entire review here.
6. Cavatelli With Peas, Mint, and Ricotta (above) -- Verdant, herbal, and topped with ricotta like a puffy white cloud on a perfect day, this dish features a southern-Italian pasta with a little bit of cheese incorporated into the dough.
5. Cappa Colla Cotta -- The neck-meat ham beloved of Brooklynites (where it's often called "cappy ham") is house made, nicely veined with fat, and dabbed with chiles.
4. Radishes, Butter, Salt, Thyme -- Mainly rooftop ingredients, this small dish is the perfect start to a meal.
3. Lamb Leg -- Tender, perfectly roasted, and lavished with summer vegetables
2. Olive Oil Cake -- As a conclusion to a three-course Italian meal, this surprisingly light cake garnished with whipped cream and blueberries is the only dessert you'll ever need.
18 Greenwich Ave., New York, NY