Tasty Tailgate Treats: Ceviche and Crab Dip
With football season underway, Jets and Giants fans don't agree on much. From the sidelines, however, chef Aaron Sanchez, of Food Network's Heat Seekers and Chopped, has created two tasty tailgate dishes for Gang Green and G-Men devotees to devour, regardless of touchdowns or team turmoil. Jets fans can use a green bag of popships, Giants fans the blue.
For the Jets Fan: Ceviche with green-bag chili limón tortilla popchips and Bud Light
- 1 pound fresh halibut filets (or any firm-fleshed white fish), diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (approximately 8 to 10 limes)
- 1 fresh red Serrano chili, seeds discarded, chili thinly sliced teaspoon salt
- 1 small mango, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 scallion, white and green parts thinly sliced tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. In a medium-sized glass bowl, combine the fish with the lime juice, Serrano and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours. The fish cubes will "cook" in the limejuice until they are opaque.
2. Half an hour before serving, stir the mango, scallion, cilantro and olive oil into the ceviche. Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes to let the flavors meld. Serve with chili limón tortilla popchips for scooping up the ceviche.
Giants fans, click through.