How to Make Pumpkin Pancakes From Chef Julio Genao
Chef Julio Genao is the executive chef at Casa Nonna, an upscale Italian eatery in midtown. Although he's typically whipping up Italian specialties, he does have a couple of seasonal ones up his sleeves.
Pumpkin is all the rage today, and Genao has tapped into that with a pumpkin-pancake recipe with maple butter and walnuts. Full recipe after the jump.
Pumpkin Pancakes With Walnuts and Maple Butter
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg, pumpkin, and butter into buttermilk.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.