A Very Vegan Turkey Day: Hold the Meat!
Dessert - Pumpkin Spice Panna Cotta
For vegetarians - or vegans taking a day off - a Pumpkin Spice Panna Cotta is as sweet treat sans meat.
7 grams agar powder
3 tbsp ice cold water
1 cup Seasonal Coffee-mate Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice
1 cup whipping cream
½ cup pure pumpkin
Orange slices (optional)
Crushed gingersnap cookies (optional)
1. Spray six 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Sprinkle agar powder over water in a small bowl; let stand for about 5 minutes or until softened.
3.Whisk Coffee-mate, cream and pumpkin in a 2-quart saucepan; cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until warm.
4. When warm, add the agar powder mixture to Coffee-mate mixture and whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved
5. Pour mixture into prepared ramekins or custard cups. Refrigerate for four to five hours.
6. Serve in ramekins topped with orange slices and crushed cookies, or to unmold, run a small knife around inside each ramekin, then dip ramekin bottoms in hot water for about 15 seconds and pat dry. Place dessert plates over ramekins; invert and shake gently to loosen.