Happy Birthday Ignition: Let's All Bounce, Bounce, Bounce to R. Kelly's 11 Best Food Lyrics
hiphopwired.com Bounce, bounce, bounce.
R. Kelly's "Ignition (Remix)" celebrated its 10th birthday yesterday (which means the crooner is probably giving the song a second look right about now -- sorry!). The tune was one of Kelly's best, and helped convince exhausted party-goers everywhere to hit the hotel lobby before going home.
In honor of this modern anthem, we've gathered 11 of our favorite R.Kelly food lyrics. Some of these are a stretch, as Kelly isn't known for his culinary prose, but for the man who shoots a mid-song nod to Angela Lansbury, we'll let it slide.
No more hopin' and wishin', here's the list.
11. Pregnant (Untitled, 2009): "Take you out to eat, wine and dine/Shoppin' spree, you sexin' me/See, I'm not cheap or selfish, babe/Girl, I'm just thirstin' for that booty, babe."
10. In the Kitchen (TP-3 Reloaded, 2005): "Cuttin' up tomatoes, fruits and vegetables and potatoes/Girl, you look so sexy while you're doin' the damn thing."
9. Sweet Tooth (Double Up, 2007): "I can't wait to drink your milk/You're lookin' like a big ol' piece of cake/I'm all up in your middle/Ooh it taste like Skittles/I'm just keepin' it real with you Girl/I got a sweet tooth."
8. Honey Love (Born Into the 90's, 1992): "You listen, just like a lollipop, you're so sweet, babe/And your body's like a lemon drop/Sure tastes good to me."
7. Etcetera (R., 1998): "Picture this you and me in the kitchen babe, on the counter/Feeding each other fruits babe."