10 Bottles of Sherry to Drink Right Now
To understand sherry, you must drink it! And if you were paying attention during my interview with New York's Queen of Sherry, Carla Rzeszewski, then you know to drink it with food.
Here's a simple formula for exploring the umami flavors of sherry: Chill the bottles. Meanwhile, invite over some friends and prepare a platter of salty-sweet jamón, Marcona almonds, and briny olives. Add a wedge of Manchego and a loaf of crusty bread. For the highly-motivated, elevate your spread with freshly shucked oysters. Finally, don't forget to drink from wine glasses--sherry is a wine that deserves to be swirled, sniffed, and savored like one.
1. Equipo Navazos, Palo Cortado No. 34
2. Gonzalez Byass, Del Duque Vors Amontillado
3. Lustau, Almacenista Pata de Gallina Oloroso
4. Valdespino, Tio Diego Amontillado
5. Emilio Hidalgo, La Panesa Especial Fino
6. Valdespino, Inocente Fino
7. Bodegas Rey Fernando de Castilla, Fino Antique
8. Barbadillo, Obispo Gascon Palo Cortado
9. Gonzalez Byass Tio Pepe, Fino En Rama
10. Lustau, Almacenista Manuel Cuevas Jurado Manzanilla Amontillado