The Best of Showpaper "I Saw You," Edition Two
Quick refresher: Showpaper is a list of all-ages shows in the Tri-State area, a biweekly newsprint one-sheet that harkens back to the days of punk flyers and Xeroxed fanzines. But the most unfailingly superb part of Showpaper is a regular sidebar called "I Saw You," a kind of Missed Connections for DIY kids. These blurbs are hilarious and horn-doggy, flirty and fickle. So a while back, we republished five of the best. Five more awesome blurbs from over Showpaper's lifespan of 48 issues are below.
PFFR (Wonder Showzen) Last year's SXSW issue--yes those are what you think they are
- U were standing by the grill @ the Unamplified BBQ, turnin' over sausages. I was the short girl w/ white-rimmed glasses & black shirt. U let me try a little bite but I wanted all of yr sausage.
--June 19 through July 3, 2007, 3-15.
- i saw u play guitar @ Ponytail Junction & U had an animal skull on yr necklace. I chatted u up about something or other later on - maybe next time we can bone.
--August 28 through September 11, 2007, 8.24.
- YOU BIT MY ARM AT TH NO AGE SHOW!!!!!! FUUUUCCKKKK YOOOOUUU!!! you psycho hose beast!!! It was just beer!!!
-- November 18 through December 2, 2008, 40-02.
- u said u were on the guest list for the BUILT TO SPILL show and i know fer damn sure it wasnt true but i let u in anyway and hell, with a mouth like that i'll lie with u all nite long. . . .
-- March 11 - 16, 2008, 22a-08.
- EVERY GIRL @ THE BLACK LIPS SHOW -- call me!
-- July 31 - August 14, 2007, 6-19.
Should you be a girl who's ever been to a Black Lips show, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the issue number and ID that appears after the date above; should you see someone sexy at Ms. Bea's in Austin this week, e-mail that same address, but make your blurb good because everybody reads these first.