The Vaporous Ghost of CBGB: Now Offering Some Retail Space You May Be Interested In
Did you know that the Bowery is "resurgent"? EV Grieve tracks down the real estate listing for the now vacant Morrison Hotel gallery--in turn, the former site of the CBGB Gallery, back when CBGB still existed--which is now for lease. Evidently the flickering memory of the decrepit old punk club is still good for something:
- With 25 feet of frontage and up to 8,800 square feet of retail space available, 313-315 Bowery offers a unique opportunity to be a part of the resurgent development in the Bowery neighborhood. The hotel, residential and retail developments surrounding the old CBGB space provide extraordinary exposure for this opportunity in one of the city's distinctive cultural landmarks.
- 25 feet of frontage on Bowery
- 2 blocks away from Manhattan's largest Whole Foods Market
- Former location of the world renowned CBGB
- Adjacent to over 700 new luxury rental units in AvalonBay Development
- Next to highly successful John Varvatos 315 Bowery boutique, opened Spring 2008
CBGB--now a proud realtor's selling point, just ahead of John Varvatos, and just behind Whole Foods. Sounds about right.