Sound Of The City's 11 Clickiest Posts Of 2011
We're about to close up shop here until 2012, and what better way to send out the year that birthed trollgaze than to run down the 11 posts on Sound of the City that generated the most pageviews over the course of the past 52 weeks? Enjoy this look back on the psyche of our readers, and have a happy beginning to your new year.
Have you told someone that you think Nickelback sucks today?
11. Q&A: Flynt Flossy On The Past, Present, And Future Of Turquoise Jeep Records (January 20, 2011)
Nick Murray talks to the founding member of the crew behind "Lemme Smang It" and other smangerser, bangers.
10. What The Lineup For Clear Channel's iHeartRadio Music Festival Says About Radio Formats In 2011 (July 11, 2011)
Diagnosing radio formats based on the lineup for Clear Channel's big party in Las Vegas. Spoiler: Rock is in pretty rough shape.
9. Top 10 Super Bowl 2012 Halftime-Show Possibilities (February 7, 2011)
2012's annual orgy of consumerism and smooshing will have its halftime show headlined by Madonna, but we can always hope for "Taylor Swift's Adversaries" to take over the following year's slot.
8. Top 5 Worst Super Bowl Halftime Shows (February 4, 2011)
Poor Janet Jackson.
7. Why Do People Loathe Nickelback So Much? (And Do They Deserve It?) (November 4, 2011)
People really like talking about the NFL's choices for halftime entertainment! Especially when the culture is predisposed to thinking that the act in question is terrible.
6. Will Smith: Not Dead (May 31, 2011)
When the Internet tried to kill the Fresh Princefor the first time in 2011, anyway; this hoax popped up a lotwe got on the case.