The Meatmen's Tesco Vee Counts Down His New Props, His Least Favorite Albums, And Why You Should See His Band
Tesco Vee has stretched his bawdy bile over three decades now as leader of the Meatmen, the Hate Police, and a few other concerns his lawyer would rather we not talk about. Whipping up face-slapping punk rock while juggling numerous onstage propsdildos, nun outfits, bloody rubber chickens, and more dildoshis black n' blue humor is almost warmly reassuring in the post-Green Day era of radio punk with the highest goal of getting on the soundtrack of a bromance. Lest ye forget, Tesco also started the uber-influential Touch and Go fanzine way back when. And there's a bobblehead of him!
Mainly, though, he aims to consistently dis-please your more sensitive friends while you're standing there stiffling a beer spit-take during Meatmen gigs, like the one tonight at Europa. Let's let him count down some of his favorites and least favorites.
Top Five Reasons Anyone Should Go See the Meatmen
1. Cuz we provide the best return on investment for your entertainment doubloons with a Hades-meets-Las Vegas punk rock floorshow featuring confetti bombs, giveaway banners, guys in custom Speedos... you name it!
2. Cuz we deliever a cavalcade of USDA Grade A hits, culled from the last 33 years of Meatdom and condensed into a one-hour maelstrom of punk/metal/flamenco/comedy genre style fury!
3. Cuz we ain't no lukewarm retro rehash has-beens from the bygone days of hardcore. We keep it real and real topical with new songs like "Kill Kunt Koulter" about our least favorite right-wing pundit and other brand spankin' new opuses!
4. Cuz this lineup is screaming on all twelve cylinders and is undoubtedly the finest assemblage of henchman I hath ever assembled. To put it succinctly for you numbnuts, WE ROCK!
5. Cuz I'm the godamn Dutch Hercules, and I said so!!
Top Five Reasons People Should Stay the Hell Away from a Meatmen Show
1. If you are squeamish about songs regarding poop and boners.
2. If are a right wing Republican Nazi.
3. If you are a religious zealot who believes there is a sexy bearded white guy in the clouds that is watching over you.
4. If you prefer sitting on your wheelchair butts and watching YouTube clips with dreadful audio.
5. If you are a lame piece of shit who doesn't want to see a real Punk Rock band. NOOOO! Enough of this happy horsecock! Toss your predilections, pull out your lavender stone-washed 80's jeans, and slap on that holy Dead Boys shirt that somehow used to fit your now ballooned-out frame, and get your ass to the Europa to see a real band on Aug 31!
Top Five Things Tesco Vee Does on a Friday Night When Not on Tour
1)Hang out with a Sapphire on the rocks in my swimmingly delicious Toy Museum, which is jam-packed with pop culture artifacts from the last 50 years. Mondo Robot collection along with Weird Ohs, Rat Fink, Munsters, Addams Family, Man from U.N.C.L.E., Get Smart. I'm a toy nerd, yes, but alas, it's quite impressive.
2. Go for a ride in my 1959 Ford Galaxie with a tumbler of Sapphire on the rocks, cuz anyone who doesn't drink and drive is a fucking pussy!
3. Hop on my GSXR 1100 and re-enact my 1985 track "War of the Superbikes" by canyon carving, lane splitting, making old people (even older than me) load their Depends when I cut them off.. all the while sipping Sapphire from a specially engineered chiller helmet that delivers the frosty goodness through a glass straw as I'm shot out of God's slingshot!
4. Make my daily visit to my underground bunker in an undisclosed location where I tend my crop of high tech strains of indica and sativa.
5. Guzzle Bombay Sapphire.