Who Said It: Kanye West, Donald Trump, Steve Jobs or Joffrey Baratheon?
Twice last week people the world over stopped what they were doing to quote Kanye West via Twitter. First from his interview with New York Times; "I am the nucleus," "I just want dopeness," "It's only led me to complete awesomeness at all times" being the particular favorites. Then, after The Gospel According to Kanye, Yeezus, leaked Friday, came the tweets of his many of its lyrics: "They be ballin' in the D-League/ I be speaking Swag-hili," "Have you ever asked your bitch for other bitches," and, of course, anything from "I Am a God."
"HURRY UP WITH MY DAMN CROISSANTS" - King Joffrey Baratheon
All of it got us thinking about other megalomaniacs/Big Achievers, and how their declarations of grandeur hold up next to Kanye's. Quite well, it turns out.
1. "You know, it really doesn`t matter what (the media) write as long as you`ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass."
2. "Everyone is mine to torment!"
3. "Anytime I've had a big thing that's ever pierced and cut across the Internet, it was a fight for justice. Justice. And when you say justice, it doesn't have to be war. Justice could just be clearing a path for people to dream properly."
4. "I knew I was going to make it this far; I knew that this was going to happen."
5. "My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to make them better."
6. "I'm Steve Jobs."