16 Signs You're Addicted to Pure Heroine
It probably started off simple. You sang along to "Royals" on the radio one day and knew a few more lyrics than you thought you did. You bought the album and listened to it on repeat once or twice. THEN YOU WERE ADDICTED. But just to make sure, check yourself against these 16 signs you're addicted to the 16-year-old New Zealander's incredible debut album Pure Heroine.
See also: The Welcome Contradiction of Lorde
1. You've told everyone you know about how great it is, without specifying that it is an album--not actual heroin.
2. While hanging out in small or large groups of friends you've said, t"Royals isn't even the best song on the album!" You have probably said it multiple times.
3. You haven't physically removed the car radio from the inside of your car in a fit of repetitive-radio-rush-hour rage in awhile.
4. You know way more random facts about New Zealand than the rest of your peer group.
6. You still haven't taken a temporary break from all of the "different" music, gossip, and pop-culture blogs you follow.
7. You've begun saying things like "Don't ever take the Lorde's name in vain!" and "Oh, Lorde!"
8. You have fewer friends and Twitter followers than you used to.
See also: Lorde on Lorde