Missing White House E-Mails: 6 Leaked

bushport.jpg
The White House and two nonprofit groups announced a settlement Monday in a long-running lawsuit over more than 22 million e-mails that were missing during the Bush administration because of poor labeling and other technical problems.

The National Security Archive, a historical records group, and Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, a watchdog organization, sued the Executive Office of the President in 2007. They alleged that millions of White House e-mails were missing from March 2003 to October 2005, in violation of laws requiring their preservation. -- Washington Post.

1. POTUS to Toby Keith, November 2, 2004, 2:45 a.m.

Hey Pard That was a KICK ASS show you did at the rally. Laura and me been singing the songs and 2steppin to em which makes the butlers and whatnot nervous. I said I wanted to crank the speakers and let freedom reign in the white house but Dick said no, it might get out on account of the press guys. When i get out of this shithole lets you an me get a drink I mean a Buckler LOL. W00t

2. Laura Bush to Peace Pipe Smoke Shop, July 25, 2005, Mastic, NY, 7:15 p.m.

Just a note to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you! The days have been packed and I haven't had a minute to catch my breath, let alone a cigarette. It's a good thing for me, they say ;), but I've been chewing gum so much I've developed a crick in my jaw. Thing have calmed down, though, so please send through my regular order under the usual cover. LB P.S. How are the kids?

3. POTUS to John Kerry, November 5, 2004, 4:00 p.m.

Listen Pard no need to rush through the $ I can get it from you when we get back on the circuit. I know you are good for it! You still gotta wear that cap though and I expect to see it on you sometime! And I want to see that poop on top! Don't take it too hard, I had a ace up my sleeve the whole time, and its round on the ends and high in the middle LOL! Anyway I'll be out of the Big Job before you know it and you and me can watch some other poor bast*rd suffer through it. You'll see I did you a favor. W00t

4. POTUS to Rudolph Giuliani, December 11, 2004 7:23 a.m.

Listen Pard I don't want to hear any bullsh*t about You think you know a person but you dont really If I had a guy like that on my payroll I'd know where he stuck his pecker AND where he toweled it off and people say I;m a retard. Tell your crooked cop friend he ain't heard the last of it. Just a word of friendly advice, if you think you're gonna get the Big Job without making sure you got your henhouse clean you got another think coming. Just my 2 cents and good luck to you. PS i got my people looking at Mukasey so don't worry about that. I'm starting to think you couldn't find a granny rag in a whorehouse

5. Alberto Gonzales to [redacted]@juno.com, July 7, 2005, 6:01 a.m.

I just found this computer available and wanted to let you know I appreciate your kind words. The past few months have been stressful and there has been many a day when I wished I had never left Texas. POTUS tries to reassure me but as you know he has an odd way of doing it. Mostly he makes up new nicknames for me. Yesterday he called me Lefty, and today he referred to me alternately as Spongebob Nopants and Henry the Serial Killer. When I attempted to broach the subject of a pardon, he started singing "Achy Breaky Heart" (sp?) and made me sing with him. I guess we should be grateful that the Lord blessed our President with such a cheerful temperament, but I wish He would make it easier for me to share it.

6. VPOTUS to [redacted]@[redacted], 6:55 a.m., September 11, 2005

Henry: Just wanted to let you know that I made a "mistakes were made" gag with the boys this morning and nobody laughed. Maybe it was just their sour mood but I think they've forgotten their history. Don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing in your perspective but I think Dick and 37 are smiling in heaven. Best to Nancy.

My Voice Nation Help