Ciao, Bryant Park! The Top 10 Trends For Fall
|Backstage at Betsey.|
1. Layers Pile on ponchos, capes, blankets, and multiple scarves for a cozy look. Seen at: Rag & Bone, Rodarte, Zero+Maria Cornejo, Boy by Band of Outsiders
If it's not touching your belly button, it's not in style.
Seen at: 3.1 Phillip Lim, Vena Cava, Trias, Boy by Band of Outsiders
David Wentworth Culottes and fur at Vena Cava.
3. Leg warmers Protect your legs with over-the-knee socks and leg warmers. Seen at: Rag & Bone, Alexander Wang, Michael Kors, Trias, Charlotte Ronson, Cynthia Steffe, Alexandre Herchcovitch
4. Shorts and culottes Pair dressy shorts or culottes with tights for the office or a night out. Seen at: Vena Cava, Rachel Comey, L.A.M.B., Charlotte Ronson, Cynthia Steffe
5. Warm neutrals Stock up on lots of beige, grey, camel, and cream. Seen at: Erin Wasson x RVCA, 3.1 Phillip Lim, United Bamboo
6. Furs With apologies to all fuzzy rodents, fur was huge this season. Seen at: Dennis Basso, Vena Cava, Thakoon, Brian Reyes, Anna Sui, Ralph Lauren, Mulberry, Pamela Roland, Rebecca Minkoff, Cynthia Steffe, Rebecca Taylor, Boy by Band of Outsiders
Did anyone see Amelia? Apparently the movie about the daring aviator made an impact on designers.
Seen at: United Bamboo, Rag & Bone, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Boy by Band of Outsiders
David Wentworth Belts at United Bamboo.
8. Asymmetrical Whether it's an uneven hem or a cocktail dress with one sleeve, asymmetrical is in. Seen at: Zero+Maria Cornejo, Vena Cava, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Narciso Rodriguez, Tony Cohen
9. Skirts and dresses go below the knee The mini isn't totally dead, but some designers are definitely lowering the hemline for fall. Seen at: Rachel Comey, Marc Jacobs, United Bamboo, Ralph Lauren
10. Cinch it Add a skinny belt to coats, sweaters, and high-waisted pants or just throw one around your hips. Seen at: Charlotte Ronson, Marc Jacobs, Zero+Maria Cornejo, Boy by Band of Outsiders, United Bamboo