Good Morning! Some Links With Your Coffee?
• The death toll rises to 25 in a blast at a West Virginia coal mine, making it the worst accident since Dec. 19, 1984, when 27 workers died in a fire at the Wilberg Mine in Orangeville, Utah.
• In the ever-glowing radioactive circle of life (hakuna matata!), Staten Island's Brookfield landfill began its transformation into a public park on Monday. Today plans will be revealed for the first phase of the Fresh Kills makeover.
• Meanwhile, New York City Boy Scouts rally to save Pouch Camp, the only Scout campground in the 5 boroughs.
• Poor Annie Leibovitz is being targeted by creditors again!
• WikiLeaks released video footage of a Reuters reporter and driver being killed by U.S. forces. Not for the faint of heart, say those who have watched it. (We're linking to the story, not the video.)
• Who's cuter, the Bronx Zoo's new baby lemur or its less-new baby mandrill?
• A New York City pizza man gets props round the world. 'Cause everybody loves pizza.