Morning Links: President Obama to Meet Jan Brewer Today, Tony Hayward to Apologize Again, MTA Salaries on the Rise
• Arizona Governor Jan Brewer will meet President Obama today at the White House. She has said "she will paint a picture of her state as 'under siege' by Mexican drug cartels and illegal immigrants."
• Government officials say no to nuking the leaking oil well in the Gulf. Apparently it would violate arms treaties, as well as potentially killing us all. Effort we've-now-lost-count is now underway, but no one really thinks it will work.
• One American citizen is said to have died in the Israeli commando raid on the aid flotilla bound for Gaza.
• Police are identifying victims after a series of drive-by shootings in England Lake District killed 12 people and injured 11. The gunman, a taxi driver, committed suicide.
• Despite efforts to cut costs by cutting service, MTA salaries increased last year for the second year in a row. More than 1 in 4 Long Island Railroad employees make $100,000 a year.
• "Marriage-like" ceremonies for same-sex couples begin today at City Clerk's offices in New York City.
• Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Manhattan all have really fast broadband.
• Baseball great Ken Griffey, Jr., has retired.