The Sexy Banker Problem: 10 Other People Who Were Also Too Sexy For Their Jobs
Tits and ass, tits and ass. Is it really just hard to accept others as they are? Apparently not, as we learned from the millions of
dirty old men readers sympathetic to the cause of Debrahlee Lorenzana, The Sexy Banker Who Couldn't. Lorenzana says she was fired from her job at CitiBank because her bosses thought she was too capital-S Sexy to handle your deposit. And to prove to you how not-distracting Lorenzana is, we showed you pictures of her being not-distracting. That said, come on, now. Everyone needs get a grip on themselves this situation: Lorenzana's hardly been the first one to lose work over beauty discrimination. Here are ten others who have suffered her plight as well:
10. Jordan Reid. You know that show, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia? Reid was originally set to be on it. And then she was replaced by Kaitlin Olson, who is still on the show to this day. Supposedly it was because of a relationship Reid felt was "crumbling." But I mean, really? Really?
9. Lara Logan. Logan's been with CNN correspondent Michael Ware, UK basketball player Jason Siemon, and is now married to a hottie defense contractor. But that sentence will always come before the one about her incredible tenures as a foreign correspondent for 60 Minutes and CBS News, and that time she had to convince 60 Minutes to use her footage in Baghdad. Why? Because she's a fox, is why. We don't know about the jobs this has cost her, but we do know that we should be seeing more of her. Because she's a great reporter.
8. Sienna Miller. Miller was supposed to be in Robin Hood with Russell Crowe, but was fired halfway through production. Why? Funny you should ask. Try "Because she made Russell Crowe look like a pile of bunched-up dirty socks filled with flesh-colored jellybeans." Director Ridley Scott supposedly canned Miller for being sexy. Unfair especially because beauty's been beauty throughout all of time, and in the spirit of Robin Hood, Miller was only trying to share her beauty with the people.
7. Kimberly Sams. Who's Kimberly Sams, you ask? Funny you should ask! Sams was a cheerleader at Eastern Tennessee State University who was kicked off the cheerleading squad...for working at Hooters. A young woman, trying to subsidize her education through the service industry, was persecuted for doing so. What's more disgusting: Buffalo Shrimp, or The Hatred That Comes With The Projecting of One's Own Image Issues?
6. Dr. Who. The new version of Dr. Who is being criticized for being -- you guessed it -- too sexy. Tell that to all the worlds he's about to save, nerds. He hasn't been fired yet, but TV's a vicious business. We're putting Who on the list as an advocacy against the ceasing of his employment.