Half of American Women Would Give Up Sex to Avoid Gaining 10 Lbs.
These were the results:
* A majority of Americans (66 percent) who say they need to lose weight to feel sexier than they currently do, think it will take an average of 23 pounds of weight loss for this to happen
* More than half (52 percent) of American women would take a summer without sex over gaining 10 pounds; a quarter of American men (25 percent) said they would make the same sacrifice
* More Americans would prefer to shed 10 to 20 pounds this summer (25 percent) than get promoted at work (20 percent)
* Almost three out of four Americans (73 percent) are willing to give up television, their cell phones or their computers for a flat tummy this beach season
* Nearly half (46 percent) of the country chose not to diet, even when they knew they needed to lose weight, because they didn't want to give up their favorite foods
So, people would give up sex, cell phones, TV, computers, and job promotions before changing their dietary habits.
In related news, the obesity epidemic just got real.
[via the Post]