The Oval Office Gets a New York-Makeover
The furniture, the rug, the wallpaper, the lamps, couches, coffee table, armchairs, and desk chair. But note how well Empire gets repped, via The Chicago Tribune:
- Oval Office walls were covered with handmade striped wallpaper produced in Amagansett, N.Y. The trim around the Office was re-painted with American-made Benjamin Moore paint custom-mixed by Donald Kaufman Color.
- Desk Chair: The President's brown leather desk chair was produced in New York.
- Coffee Table: The coffee table is made out of American walnut and mica by a New York company.
- Couches: The couches in the Oval Office were custom-made in New York. The fabric, a custom-made light brown cotton with red, white and blue threads running through it, was woven in Pennsylvania.
- Lamps: The two new table lamps have blue ceramic bases and were produced in New York.
Other states represented were Pennsylvanihttp://www.abchome.com/a (as mentioned above; they got to weave our couches) and Michigan (where the rug, which is 25% recycled wool, came from). But the majority of the Oval Office's new decor comes, naturally, from New York, because we have awesome things. It's not exactly ABC Carpet & Home-level awesomeness, but still, New York's furniture just got a "big ups" today from the Oval Office. That is all.