Project Runway Finale: Someone Is Robbed, Everyone Is Shiny
1. The fashion gods have spoken -- and, also, Jessica Simpson. Season Eight of Project Runway has a winner at last -- after 13 challenges at 90 minutes apiece, this distills to one resolution well earned. For everyone.
2. The first half of the finale episode is the traditional designer reunion; all past contestants reassemble on the runway sidelines to inflame old rivalries and hug showily, sometimes simultaneously. This is mostly uneventful; Peach weeps, Ivy rolls her eyes in nonstop punctuation.
3. With hours to go before the Lincoln Center finale presentation, the finalists -- Andy, Gretchen, and Mondo -- find themselves in vastly different stages of completion. Gretchen has all her looks mapped out, with coordinating wild-haired models, and Mondo is in wild, needle-wielding final disarray. As Kors warned them, "You have to treat this runway like it's your last runway," which Mondo takes to heart visibly.
4. Tim Gunn's final workroom visit yields on hilarious clip: He stares, aghast, at Andy's twisted, ruched bathing suit, a one-piece knot of salacious slate rope. Gunn compares it to hair growing out of her crotch and calls it "disturbing." Get your mind out of the gutter, Gunn!
5. Aww, but he reattains mensch status with these parting words to the harried trio: "From where I stand, we have three winners. I am so excited about the power of your collections. They're all so different, the judges are going to have a run for their money."