Tim Pawlenty's Exploratory Committee is the Most Inspiring Exploratory Committee
The above video is an announcement from former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty: He's forming an exploratory committee for the 2012 presidential race. Have you ever been more moved by a man bravely announcing his courageous decision to form a team of advisers and pollsters to determine the viability of a run for office based on a series of analytical observations and compounded opinion? If you can watch this without crying, you're worse than Castro, commie.
The video has it all:
- Black and white pictures of stockyards
- Unattended, swinging assembly line control switches
- Handshaking; both standard grip and blue-collar angled grasp
- Purebred Golden Retriever
- Hair-tussling of a towheaded boy
- Cozy-looking red fleece pullover
- Reagan wearing suit
- Fighter jets
- Reagan wearing scarf
Most importantly, there's the tagline: "Join the team and together we'll restore America."
(Unless my exploratory committee decides that 2016 is a safer bet.)