Spies Planned to Sneak Estrogen Into Hitler's Food to Feminize Him
If you had access to a time machine, would you go back in time and turn Hitler into a woman? Cardiff University's Brian Ford discovered a British plot to sneak estrogen into Adolf Hitler's food, the Telegraph reports. The goal was to feminize him and make the dictator more docile. Spies were close enough to Hitler and had access to his food, but the Fuehrer had tasters. The thinking was that poison would have been immediately detected, unlike doses of tasteless estrogen.
Professor Ford explains the logic behind the peculiar plan:
"There was an Allied plan that they would smuggle oestrogen into Hitler's food and change his sex so he would become more feminine and less aggressive. Their research had showed the importance of sex hormones - they were beginning to be used in sex therapy in London. There were agents who would be able to get it into his food - it would have been entirely possible."
In retrospect, there are a few flaws with this plot:
- It's unknown how long it would have taken for any of the desired effects to set in
- It's unknown if his behavior would have even been changed because of the hormones
- Sustained doping of food is vulnerable to being discovered
- Hormone injections are more potent than ingested hormones
- They should have just fucking killed him
Revealed: sex hormone plan to feminise Hitler [Telegraph]