New York City: The New World Capital Of The Super-Rich

You wouldn't believe this if you read the news the other day that the homeless population in New York City is at its highest rate since the Great Depression. But...

According to London's Daily Mail, New York City has surpassed the British capital as the most appetizing spot for the super-rich (oh, and the fact its Mayor just scored big points on the Forbes Billionaires' List adds to this a bit). The study was done by a property agent known as Agent Frank, which surveyed High New Worth Individuals -- slang for all sorts of bourgeois terms -- and came to the conclusion that the rich are all flocking to New York.

The reasons given by the newspaper are pretty straightforward: London's super-rich are afraid of a mansion tax, the Eurozone is in the shitter, New York is awesome and property prices here a bit cheaper. Tell that last part to those of us who are still dealing with this whole highest-rent-in-the-nation thing.

Welcome to your new home, guys. Get comfy.


Sponsor Content

My Voice Nation Help

It is the perfect metaphor for the great divide between the 1% and the other 99%. $100 MILLION dollar apartments? NYC has also become the Epitome of Vulgarity. 


In "Northeast" Pennsylvania, we are feeling the growing pains, you, in NYC have become accustomed to living with, namely an increasingly high cost-of-living due to runaway government.

 In Pennsylvania, as long as one is breathing, they will be paying an average of $300./month to their local public school district or they will lose the roof over their heads. .... Until we get HB/SB76 passed, no matter who you are, what your income, or how long you live, your home or business property will be seized if you ever stop paying your School Property Tax. .... You can move from state to state, home to home, own to rent and back again. Until we get HB/SB76 passed, you cannot hide from the gun your school board is holding against your head. ... When we, here in Pennsylvania, get HB/SB76 passed, we will set the example for the rest of America to follow.
The HB/SB76 article, just published in Transactions, a community banks trade magazine is now helping explain this bill and how passing/enacting it will propel Pennsylvania's stagnant economy into high gear.... business owners, RECENT COLLEGE GRADUATES, unemployed, construction workers, teachers, realtors,... should understand how HB/SB76 will help everyone, including themselves, if only we can get the word out to them.

Now Trending

New York Concert Tickets

From the Vault